Who We Are
IORF promotes the sport of Obstacle Racing and its related Sports and disciplines throughout the world, and leads the sport of Obstacle Racing, as recognized by the International Olympic Committee and the International Paralympic Committee.
- To promote and generally advance the sport of Obstacle Racing and related Sports worldwide and act as its world governing body.
- To maintain affiliation to the IOC and IPC, and to support the aims, ideals and principles of the Olympic and Paralympic movements and to ensure the continued inclusion of Obstacle Racing on the respective programs of the Olympic and Paralympic Games.
- To enact and enforce rules governing Obstacle Racing and related Sports and to ensure in all competitions, whether sanctioned by the IORF or a National Federation (NF) that such rules shall be applied in accordance with their terms.
- To supervise the strict application of the Constitution, Rules and Operations Manual.
- To aid the interests and well-being of its Members, and to supervise and enforce the obligations of IORF Members.
- To assist NFs to organize and receive recognition by their National Olympic and Paralympic Committees and National Sport Confederation/Council.
- To strive to ensure that no gender, race, religious, political or other kind of unfair discrimination exists or is allowed to develop in Obstacle Racing and related Sports in any form, and that all may participate regardless of their gender, race, religious or political views or any other such irrelevant factor.
- To foster and develop links with other International Federations, National Governments and Non-Governmental Organizations in order to promote the interests of sport in general, and Obstacle Racing in particular, at all levels throughout the world.
- The IORF and NFs shall adopt and enforce the World Anti-Doping Agency’s rules; and develop and maintain programs of detection, deterrence and education.
- To develop sponsorship and marketing opportunities and commercial arrangements in relation to IORF’s intellectual property, as are appropriate with the purpose of creating a sustainable income stream to further its mission and objects.
- To undertake and/or do all such things or activities as are necessary, incidental or conducive to the advancement of its mission and objects.